Durability of Music

Death almost never brings anyone together.


Parents who lose their kids, family that loses a member, friends that lose friends. 
This conclusion came to me a while ago when we, in a group of tightnit 3 Best friends lost one of us.
The Best Friend that remained drifted away from me, at first it was my fault, since she was the only one that attended to the funeral. Then, probably not a year after, just simply because. 
That was just four years after losing another person, which is a more of a complicated story.
Oh no, self-pitying much?
Nah. I've somehow managed to move on.
However, sometimes I wonder what happened to her. We've been through a lot, after all.
But then I simply don't care about people that don't even bother talking to me. Okay, that's probably a lie.
Ps, don't google self-pity unless you want a bunch of bigots giving you unsolicited inspirational quotes.
Update: omg it's actually fucking toxic, don't do it.
Were it so, I wouldn't be kind of obsessed in finding this person, and casually finding a crutch that everyone says "he doesn't look like your friend at all!" and I keep saying he does.
Maybe I should either go to a shrink or just grab stuff and go to where he fucking is, because I certainly hate mystery. Just 'cause sometimes I can't solve them and makes me feel even more depressed *trademark symbol*.

Still, I would't mind watching something bad happen to xyz just because they did xyz to me or my friends/family. That's life and death for ya.


relatable content

Hello babes & everyone who reads this crappy thing;
Yesterday I had the loveliest afternoon since gosh knows when.
Remember I was whining (because that's basically what I do, eeeer'day) of not having like minded friends? I wanna die.
No, seriously. I started writing in order to find people who liked the same stuff I do, yet it took me half a year, a quarrel with best friend (because of my clinginess) and lots of sleep for it to happen.

He kinda inspired me to write this post, since I've been basically surviving on cool stuff he feeds me. (Sounds weird, but it's meant to be like that.)
Bands that were cool in 2007 and still make music. No, I mean MUSIC.
You say: "Yeah, kinda like Coldplay".
Me: *gags* nah, such like this:


Even so and so, this video is from 2017, which is also not fairly recent, but it's still something.
Perhaps it's just me, but when something's recent and I check it out, usually I don't like it - maybe because bands feel the pressure to please everyone, that's something that happened with AFI, even if Dave said it didn't. Even though I liked Crash Love, it's surely not something they, on the long run, are proud of.

You could say, bands that remained faithful to their sound and have chosen not to go on the pedophilia path *eyes Lostprophets, which was a band that I actually liked*, have eventually started falling out and out of 'fashion' because rock is not cool anymore, no matter how many times we try to CPR it, no matter how many times Whitesnake, them Gods of rock try to mouth to mouth it.
It's kinda sad how one person in a group of four or five can do something rash and casually tear apart the work from a whole team. Picturing myself on such case, I'd probably tear the person apart, were them to destroy the work I made.

Even if you have a passion for something, on the long run, you end up getting demotivated and frustrated, especially if you work with an audience.
Must be real tough when you go to a show and people don't know your lyrics / don't interact with you.
Once, I asked Dave why he wasn't coming to Portugal, since they were having an European tour, and his simple answer was: "we don't have enough money".
That is, the venue/promoter invites and pays "for the band" and the record label pays for their expenses. Which is really sad and unfair, because supposedly, as I see it, concerts are made to promote the works of the bands.

So bands rely on team work from their fans. Back in the day, we used to make Street Team for 30 Seconds to Mars, to promote them. (Yeah, that was 2007, shh).
Now I simply can't relate to other fans because kids are so fucking annoying.

Me: I love Nothing but Thieves.
15 y.o kid: yeah, I love Forever & Ever More.
Now, I'm a fairly recent fan and the first time I saw them was like, a week before they vanished from my television, but I took my time and have listened to pretty much everything they made. That's why the Japanese are so successful; because they have real people who like their work and share with friends / family etc.

There are not fans anymore.
The only diehard fans that I encounter are religion/nazi/KKK fucking freaks we hear on the news.

Also, why do people grow on us like kaboom, like we're that kind of people who have given up on friendship, love etc and then was not expecting this to happen? People are so darn unpredictable.

Also also I wanted to make a post on durability of bands but instead I ended up talking about everything but that. Nice one Dear, nice one.

ALSOOOOOOO SPRING IS HERE.

Comments

Most read

Separation Anxiety

Inserts Angel Emoji Here

Jealous girlfriends update