The Whole of The Moon

It's 80's time on VH1 Classic and I find myself here, writing at "The Whole of The Moon" by Waterboys and I realize I've known all of these songs from the heart, but had no idea about the band's appearance. Unlike now a days, no one cared about it.
This is the time I recall my mother listening all these songs on the car radio and singing along - something she doesn't do today anymore, since she's also moved on from the 80's, just like everyone else, much to my dismay. And the video clips were plain stupid, which makes it even better.


Also realized that, it was probably 98 or 99 and almost 20 years since the songs were released yet, they still played on constant repeat on the radio.
Now we have dedicated radios to the 80's, which plays everything but the 80's. - The world is in desperate need of a good punk-rock brand new band to spring up the scene back into the spotlight.
It's not just the established bands that count. Everyone takes them for granted, so no one pays attention to them anymore (eyeing U2).
The ground-breaking Cindy Lauper has been replaced by a freak show of hair-dos (hair don'ts) and everywhere I look, singers are covered in black ink (no, literally, covered).
Bad move Dave, bad move. Now everyone has them, unlike The Nightmare Before Christmas tattoos. *shrug*

Recently at work - and part of my disappearance is due to the fact that my contract wasn't renovated, and believe it or not, I've been there for almost two years, so it's taking a shit ton of toll on me - only now I'm starting to get to know my co-workers. Turns out I know a lot of people who are minded like myself; they only don't demonstrate it.
And it makes me so happy to find these little gems of people hidden, it almost restores my faith in humanity.
It's harder these days with only facebook as a social crutch - to really get to know people.
I wish there was another website like HI5 (Portugal, Spain, etc) or 2009's Myspace, where we could put up a profile and pimp it with basic HTML/CSS codes and get a real feeling of what the person is really about.

Perhaps I can come across as a nutty wack-job because of my fascination and constant ramble about the subject of music, even if apparently, I only write in about once per month. Life's been that slow.
I've never cried so much since 2012. It's like breaking a part with my friends, even if we're not that close, I love seeing their faces and it makes me really happy. The ass-y costumers and cancerous people are easily forgotten. I'm guessing life goes on.


This is the song I dedicate to my enemies:


Anyways, I have no idea about where this blog will lead me or to where I will lead this blog, since I write about music mostly, but there is no ACTUAL music to write about.
Lots of good artists are simply gone and the ones I like, I've already spoken about them. Seeing this is not a fan blog, I'm not sure.

Lately I've been cooking loads of vegan stuff, not all of them worked out nicely (in appearance terms, of course, they looked like lil' 💩s, but nonetheless, delicious.
Perhaps I'd start posting recipe posts, if you are interested?

On the last note; please, bring on tight pvc leather pants, jeans, see-through shirts, jean jackets, leather jackets (please be fake) and messy hair-dos.

My babes have new songs and a new album coming up in March, please be kind enough to take a listen; I'll pay you.

Comments

Most read

Separation Anxiety

Inserts Angel Emoji Here

Jealous girlfriends update