Look What You Made Me Do

How is you, my lovelies?
It's the Spring Equinox today and this is pretty much me:
I have a post planned but decided to do a little marketing on social platforms first, since it'll need massive impact, so that people can actually participate in it.
Motivated by the will to sound a little less uncultured, I've dived onto youtube and because of friend's suggestions (let me make a parenthesis here - friend who said "I don't listen to much. What do you like?" so I proudly showed him AFI, to which he replied with his actual repertoire of music. This is an accurate gif of how I feel near him:
)

Now the platform is showing me new stuff and what's more interesting is, I'm actually listening.
Never really been a fan of listening to *new* music, as I've been too much stuck on the old things I listened. Bands constantly followed me on twitter (it's my main network) asking me to check them out. I never really did, unfortunately. But I guess I've grown kinda thirsty.

Resuming, on one of my suggestions, came up this greatness, that kind of kicked me in the chin, as I've never ever ever been a fan of screamo:

But this has been my mood constantly, lately.
Moody, screamo music that makes an excellent stress reliever.
What's best about Our Last Night is, their groundbreaking music, because let's face it- "Look What You Made Me Do" must be a guilty pleasure for many people (not me, ahem) who listen to alternative music.

Here's an original song of theirs that got me psyched:


"You're fighting battles and fighting wars,You storm my castle, I'll hold the doors. 
We are too fragile to fight for sport, 
Please see, I bleed for you."
Pure, poor, empty poetry that quenches the thirst of the soul.

Excuse me if this is turning into a music blog. But I *MUST* show my disapproval of synth-auto-tuned-brain-washing "music" that we constantly hear on the radio.
Please, you're shaping up generations, so talking about anacondas with big buns is certainly the wrong way.

Moving forward, this past week I've been facing self-imposed questions.
One of them is facing the dreadful task of choosing a case that *I* actually like for my phone.
That is cheap. Of course.
I get bored easily. It must be something like a long time commitment. Something I would be okay with seeing all day. That ain't easy.
This simple decision made me realize I have a serious problem with decision making. In general.
I googled it and found this interesting answer:
"If a child was told “no” to their answers and directed in all of their answers, over time the cognitive dissonance between their desires and those of the hand that feeds them will lessen and cut them off from their desire.
They may rebel and have trouble with authority and do all kinds of things that go against what others want in an attempt to be free, yet the scar of not trusting their instincts may be so severe that they can never connect to what they want.
To heal this kind of wound, begin with little things. 
Try finding colors that make you happy. Feel temperature changes and discover what your body feels when it’s hot, cold, warm or just right. Adjust your bath water to what feels best for you. 
Journal about the things that make you happy and grateful Finding our bliss reveals our truth. Over time, move on to finding your favorite books, movies, vacation places. Read different viewpoints and journal about what you like and don’t like." [Original Post]
 I might as well try this.

Not sure why this happens but have you had a real great advice from someone you love and over the years and as you don't practice it in your daily life, eventually it'll fade on your memory, only to be remembered when you either don't need it or don't have the capacity to adapt such advice to your current situation?
I remember vividly: One of my exes' was pretending to be the person I was talking to. She kept claiming she was Straight Edge, but said she was smoking pot and drinking beer.
I was so done, yet I didn't want to let her go. This had been going on for months.
So I spoke to him and on all his expertise of life, not having gone through half of what he did until this day, told me: Always weight the Pros and the Cons of the situations.

Too lazy to remove the rest of the credits.
Only now after 10 years I realize it did work back then.
Also realized it's okay to self indulge sometimes. Also realized things will sort themselves out.
Just like tangled earphones, you just need to begin shaking them, remove the knot when you can see them here and there. And they'll untangle themselves.

Resuming this immense post, here's my new religion. This song.
Which for some unbeknownst reason hadn't made it to a post.


Enjoy Springsssss!

Comments

Most read

Separation Anxiety

Inserts Angel Emoji Here

Jealous girlfriends update