How Fanfiction Ruined Actuality.

Hello my petals!

It's hasn't been long since my last post but I already know the subject for this one.

Your Dear Tatsume here had an epiphany about why everyone looks goth now a days.
So much that it has become normalized. So much that my very first post about the Goth/Alternative approach makes no sense at all.
Prove of this is images such like this:


Back then, that is how I used to wear eyeliner and shadow, not so much the fake lashes, kinda creep me out, still. (Imagine if one gets in your eye... Imagine if one gets in your eye WHILST USING CONTACTS. THE HORROR. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ)
Back then, I used to be frowned upon for using such bold make up, like reddish toned shadows (because Gerard Way did), so I got called a "freak" several times on the street and asked if I were sick countless times because of it.


Now it's seen as a way of self expression and no one pays attention.
It's okay to make a "Helena" inspired make up tutorial and upload it on youtube. But go downstairs and ask your grandmother if she likes your make up and let me know what she replies... That's a different story.

Now everyone is...

I'm assuming girls don't realize the amount of crap they put on their face.
Sure, acne is bad. Sure they want to look perfect for the one they like / the camera / for fame / selfies / attention.
But imagine an XYZ brand that claims that their lipstick is waterproof and when your lover slides their tongue down your throat and accidentally you two swallow lipstick that has already been used and tested on a pig's ass. Because that's what it happens.
Imagine if they take you on a date, to swim. And your lashes start falling as soon as you dive on the water. You'll look absolutely perfect.


And because I wasn't aware of this reality and had been in touch with the wrong part of the society (with the kids who dress in uniforms but still wanna be a different kind of youtubity, wtf?).
I got in touch with this part, most of it through the only acceptable vehicle of self-expression, which is music.

In case you haven't noticed, even the alternative bands have merged with pop, which makes everything single-handedly Pop/Rock. *Eyeballs Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Girls err- I mean Fall Out Boy.*

Basically sums it up.

Diversity is bigger than ever and the world is expanding.
Personally, I see it as a big sling-shot waiting too be fired. Eventually it will have to drawback.
Honestly, I hope it retracts with only the good things like the 80s, when Cindy Lauper's hair was the wildest thing people had ever seen and David Coverdale was the sexiest man alive.


Onto the actual epiphany;
When I left in 2012 to a post-Apocalyptic part of the world (Africa), times were already changing but I hadn't noticed back then, since I was still doing my thing and listening to my music.

I vividly recall my best friend making an assignment on "Twilight" for our Portuguese book reading lessons, whilst "Memoirs of a Geisha" was my selection.

*
*Nothing ever touched my soul like this story did. I can hear this scene, loud and clear.
Chiyo tries to impress the one she loves with her theater play and eventually comes out as a winner.

I hadn't realized how much Twilight changed the world. For the worse.
Honestly, I thought it would be something passenger and the world would perhaps remain the same.
Recently that also happened with another highest-grossing (gross) movies; Fifty Shades of Fucking.
"But how come these pieces of literacy have changed the world?" You might ask.

Well, first and foremost, that isn't literacy. Nicholas Sparks isn't fucking literacy.
Jojo Moyes is. Meg Cabot is. Two authors that are highly underrated.

But these two in particular are the epitome of gross.
They are two strange cases of fanfiction turned into two of the highest grossing movies and books, ever.
No matter how sugar coated the reviews are, it IS fanfiction.
Perhaps Stephenie Meyer was watching too much Supernatural and decided that sparkling vampires turned her on. Perhaps E.L. James was having a crush on her boss and decided to write fanfiction about him.
There's nothing wrong with fanfiction. What's wrong in this world is that how two simple pieces of what people consider modern literacy, can shape nations.

Because vampires were cool and now they are not because guess what, dearest Steph made them glitterish mainstream, castrated and too shy to bone horny girls.
Because women now look at their bosses with a sparkle in their eye that one day, they'll bang dat peach.

In case you haven't seen the similarities;
1- It's okay (now) to girls rape men they like. (Yes, this is a problem).
- Thank you feminists.
2- It's okay (now) that 90% of the girls in the world to be horny little fuckers.
- Thank you EL James.
3- It's okay (now) to send nudes
- Thank you Paris Hilton.
3- Boys are shyer than ever. They won't tell you they like you unless they look like Maluma or one of Jonas Cousins.
- Thank you Edward Cullen.
4- Everyone wears makeup that makes them look palely sick.
- Thanks dear everyone who contributes to mainstream-ism.


I could go on.

People say art imitates life.

Not really. Art is a mean of people expressing their inner desires and unconscious self.
That's why EL James fantasized with her boss. - People can't have a normal relationship anymore. They have to take it to the next level. It is something expected.
That's why Stephenie Meyer fantasized with attractive vampires. - Because everyone has to be pretty.

Please carry on reading, but take everything as a grain of salt.
People believe in everything. Even in fake news.
There is no sense of what's tangible and real from what was frowned upon before, because ethics and morals have evolved, and people are free to do whatever they please "and not to be judged about it."

Excuse my extra long rant but I needed to get it off my chest.
Kady is going to kill me for bashing her favorite story. But HEY, I INCLUDED A GIF!! ๐Ÿ˜


Stay well and stop getting high on glitters,
The Glitch.

Comments

Most read

Separation Anxiety

Inserts Angel Emoji Here

Jealous girlfriends update