Greater Miso disappointment.

That's right.

When you look at this, what do you see?


"Omg, it's miso soup!!" right? Yeah sure, it is.
We all assume that is the tastiest thing on the planet. It's actually not.
It tastes like fish (because of the seaweed), smells like alcohol (which I had to boil to a point of exhaustion to make sure it evaporated) and otherwise tastes like absolutely nothing. Add a bit of soy sauce, it tastes ONLY like soy sauce.

When I went shopping the other day, I saw these ready-to-go Miso soups in a sachet:
It looks yummy on the photo, so I thought "that's a good fast Japanese meal" (because I'm somewhat lazy to cook). Upon reading the ingredients, which I should have done instead of buying it on a whim, I read in bold "contains alcohol" to my dismay.
I've mentioned this before, I'm Straight Edge. Alcohol and me do not combine.
Everyone in the videos mentioned "do not boil". But I did. Otherwise how would the (fermented!) alcohol evaporate?

I boiled some pasta in it (because I had just gotten home from work at is was 5 pm, I was craving for something saltier), which even made it worse, because the pasta tasted like absolutely nothing at all.
The seaweed is good on sushi and such dishes, but not on the soup.
I had tofu at home, but I didn't put it in because didn't feel like eating. They also mentioned on the videos to put chives (or some of the sort), which I also didn't have.

Resuming, it tasted like shit.
But this also happened with Sushi before. I bought my very first pieces of sushi in Angola, which was about 5,000 kwanzas the box and it was second worst money I've ever spent (being the first on Nicholas Sparks' novel The Notebook).

I'm willing to give this another shot, even if I won't taste it again unless it's made by a real Japanese person. I mean, look at this;


Here's what I imagine the Japanese think of me right now:

On another note, lately I feel like binge watching Doraemon, Sakura (CC) or Soul Eater, but I'm kind of afraid that it'll be a waste of time.
Also I think I'm getting sick, since been sneezing and coughing for the past three days and have a massive headache right now.

Rin <3

Yesterday I also bought this baby;

Blackberry Keyone

Which I am so proud right now. But I'll only open it on Christmas.


Apologies if I don't post everyday, but I'll get on track, since now I have two blogs.
This one and O Caminho da Sakura, which is the Portuguese version of this one that I am translating.

https://ocaminhodasakura.blogspot.com/

Stay well,
The Glitch

Comments

Most read

Separation Anxiety

Inserts Angel Emoji Here

Jealous girlfriends update