Respect, Chester.

Rock and Roll is dead.

I wanted to start by saying this because I figured that no one else understood it.
Currently, people are desperately trying to cling to a rock-ish blend with hip hop, which simply doesn't fucking work.
It's like trying to make fetch happen.



There are still a selected few of us who like most persistent, headstrong people, still rely on the 70's-2006's for the sanity of their ears (and brains).
So it isn't unusual that people would recognize the tattoo on my arm.
However, also loads of people (mostly younger or of my age) ask what does it mean, because it's a) in a foreigner language, b) when you try to read it, it probably doesn't sound like one of the greatest hits of all time - Here I Go Again.

The Weeknd, Nicki Minaj, XXXTemptation all have that goth vibe that I can't put my finger on why.
No offense to anyone. Black suits everyone.
But when I see mainstream artists wearing it, I kinda feel like everyone is desperately clingy to their dark side because it's fashionable and trendy to allow your pain to be shown through clothing.
Because pain is something profitable and people like to be martyrs.
Black is not a fashion statement. Black is a state of mind.

Because apparently to make a fashion statement, you need to use a meat suit. Literally.
Not posting that sad picture because it makes me sick.
To think that one of the most controversial artists of the era on which she toured with small bands such as Cinema Bizarre and throw back to a time when Jeffree Star hadn't grown such a bigot (because he was cool, his own way) has now grown up to make movies, it makes me think that the world isn't completely lost.
It's not that I fancy her now, but hail Gaga.

I mean, I hold Nicki Minaj dearly because she opened my eyes (ears) to other types of music, she was the first rap I ever liked (Eminem doesn't count), but seeing her in a Victorian dress is well, wrong.

She is beautiful, tho. Tell her to make a collab with Amy Lee.

I want to hold a petition to make the 80's great again.
Bring back the high waist pants, loose shirts and big hair.
Not sloppy, just like this.
That dance, too.
I want to ask: does any of the readers know why poetry divorced music?
Because sincerely, I don't think "my anaconda don't, my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hun" cuts it.
Perhaps that's why garage bands no longer exist.
People feel threatened that if they sing lyrics like "bury me, bury me" or "hello there, the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue", they won't make it. They won't be the next big commercial hit.
That's why I kind of like Imagine Dragons. They remind me of old bands with a twist of actuality.

A perfect example of how you sing poetry.

"You feel so lonely and ragged, you lay here broken and naked.
My love is just waiting, to clothe you in crimson roses."
This is poetry. This is fucking poetry.

I'm sorry, I'm so rude for skipping the intro.

HELLO MY DEAR PETALS!
How are you, all?

Today I'm going to talk to you about how fake everyone was when Chester from Linkin Park died.
That's right. It seems redundant, but kinda like rock and roll being dead, perhaps people haven't noticed.
Rockers are trying so hard to fit in, I'm mentioned this on a previous post, so much that they lost their sound. (Yes, I am naming 30 Seconds to Mars, can't begin to like their new sounds).
That means in the modern times, no one would like music like "Breaking the Habit" or "Numb" without the "Encore" from Jay Z.

I don't know why people pretended to be so sad, just because he was too sad and decided to end his pain. Perhaps he didn't realize how he could monetize with the suffering, because that's what everyone is doing right now (eyes Billie Eilish).
Awareness to depression has awaken, everyone talks depression but no one know how to get out of that maze. Everyone thinks they are depressed. They're not. They're just seeking attention.
"Oh, you shouldn't diminish other people's pains, who are you?" No one, really.
But how on EARTH IS A 15 YEAR OLD DEPRESSED WHEN THEY HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED THE WORLD?
Did they lose their best friend? Were they traumatized? Oh no, they're sad because a friend stole their gummies. They're sad because they have Stockholm syndrome and are currently on an abusing relationship. *ironic hand claps*

I mean, I can see why you would see me as a hypocrite, because my favorite artists sang about pain and profited with it.
But pain, money, drugs and sex are the only current themes on music. I hate it.
Where is the love?



At least Lady Gaga can sing.
I can't find what people do now a days, singing. Ask them to give you a musical note. Ask them to sing for you and they'll probably have an auto tune sewed onto the back of their throats. All the now a days singer's voice looks the same.
What happened to just be a garage band and hustle to get attention? Take AFI, for example.
They lived off on a old van and was Davey himself selling the tapes and CDs on the venue stand.

Take Ariana Grande or Shawn Mendes, for example.
We cannot see them doing that. We cannot see them selling their own CDs (everything is digital anyway). People even pay for meet and greets.
I remember a time when Jesse McCartney was assaulted by a fan, which ripped off a piece of his hair, so badly that it even bled.
Also reminds me of John Lennon. Not a fan, but you can't kill the people who make you happy, right?

On a brighter side of this post, I kinda like Shawn Mendes.
Not because he's half-Portuguese. (He's not, in my opinion.)
He actually sings about love and I like his vibe.


I am also desperately in love with Sam Smith. He's bringing back the 70's and I'll gladly bow down.
I know your dearest Tatsume is desperately clinging onto the past and we should move forward.

Recently, my favorite channel has been VH1. It holds this show called "Guess the Year" and honestly, it keep me entertained.

Resuming this immense ramble:

Don't pay homage to people when they're dead. Show them they're loved whilst still living.
Don't take anyone for granted. Don't tell them they're crazy.
Tell them you love them, even if it sounds weird for them.

Find the love,
The Glitch.

Comments

Most read

Separation Anxiety

Inserts Angel Emoji Here

Jealous girlfriends update